how it works
15 minutes can save your life.
Why take a half-day off of work to sit at your local hospital or imaging center to wait anxiously for your exam?
We come directly to your workplace or health event and require only 15-20 minutes per screening. We pre-schedule your appointment time in order to get your convenient access without interrupting your day. Quick & accurate results are sent to you and your primary physician within 7 business days.
What to Expect
PREPARE FOR A MAMMOGRAM
- Avoid scheduling your mammogram at a time when your breasts are swollen or tender, such as right before your period.
- Do not wear perfume, deodorant, or powder the day of exam
- Please wear two piece clothing
- If you’ve had prior mammograms, please bring films/reports for comparison purposes
- The technologist will show you to a private dressing room, hand you a gown & ask you to remove everything above your waist
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER GETTING A MAMMOGRAM?
In general, results are available to you and your referring physician within 10 business days. Approximately 10% of women will require additional imaging. Don’t be alarmed if this happens to you. Only a small portion of those women will need a biopsy.
If you don’t receive any results within 15 days, call your doctor or email us to ask for the results.
Inherited Cancer Screen
The Inherited Cancer Screen can look at up to 24 specific genes associated with a risk for many different kinds of cancer―breast, ovarian, intestinal, pancreatic, prostate, thyroid, and others. Your doctor can help determine if your screen should look at all 24 genes or a specific set of genes based on your personal and family history.